Terms & Conditions
1.1 Booking Policy
- The room rates published on this website has been specially negotiated with hotels for AMNS Conference 2019 participants
- The room rates are valid for purchase through our website till 26th of April 2019.
- Bookings after that will have different rates & will depend on room availability.
- Please carry a copy of valid id (preferably passport) with you during check in.
- Changes in booking are welcome till May 25, 2019
- Last minute changes will not be entertained
- Unpaid bookings will be held for 48 hours only.
- Bookings with payment not cleared within 48 hours will result in booking cancellation.
1.2 Cancellation policy
- For cancellations prior to April 26, 2019, client will be refunded after deducting transaction surcharges
- 50% cancellation charge will be applicable for cancellations between April 26 – May 25, 2019
- 75% cancellation charge will be applicable for cancellations between May 25 – June 23, 2019
- Any cancellation made within 72 hours of the guest arrival shall attract 100% cancellation charge on full payment
- Refunds will be processed through same mode of payment after deducting applicable cancellation penalties and transaction surcharges
1.3 Taxes & Surcharges
- The published rates are inclusive of government taxes. No additional taxes will be levied.
- Based on the mode of payment the following additional transaction fees are applicable :
- Credit Card /Debit Card /Paypal – 4% transaction fee
- Bank Deposit/ Cash payment – no additional transaction fees
1.4 Children Policy
- Parents can share their rooms with children below 5 Years of age
- For children between 5 to 15 years of age can take extra bed for additional charges
- Children above 15 years will be counted as and charged as an adult
2. Tours, Activities & Flights
2.1 Boking Contract
- You will receive an official confirmation via email or a letter handed over to you by our representative at any of our offices once you confirm the bookings. Please check the letter carefully and report any information that might be incorrect or incomplete. Make sure to use your Passport names for the booking to avoid confusion. Refunds or discounts will not be entertained unless officially agreed beforehand.
2.2 Securing the booking
- A 100% payment of the total cost of the trip per person should be made to secure the booking. Following conditions must be considered for the deposit:
- Clients should read and accept the risks involved in the adventure activity chosen.
- Pre-existing medical conditions should be informed.
- Clients should have read and accepted all the Booking Conditions and General information pages.
- The person making the booking should be of minimum 18 years of age and should have full authority to enter into a contract on the basis of these conditions
2.3 Booking on behalf of others
- If you are making the booking on behalf of other participants, we will need a warrant that you have obtained their consent. As their representative, you will be our contact person and will hence be responsible for full payments of the travel package and/or additional activities purchased. You will also be responsible for keeping your party informed about the trip.
- Please make sure the information you provide is complete and accurate. The Tour Operator will not be responsible for issues caused by misinformation.
- Any due amount with Makalu Travels must be cleared within 48 hours from the time of booking made. We reserve the right to treat your booking as canceled if the payment is not cleared within specified period.
2.5 Booking changes
- Booking changes are welcomed free of charge up to 60 days ahead of departure. The changes are however subject to availability of the packages. Under reasonable conditions, in case you are unable to travel, the booking can be transferable to another person. But make sure to do it 60 days ahead of your departure. All costs or charges incurred must be cleared out before making the transfer. For flight inclusive bookings, the airline charges should be paid in accordance with the airline involved.
2.6 Booking cancellations
- Cancellation before 45+ days of departure will be done free of charge.
- Cancellations made between 30-44 days ahead of departure will be subject to a loss of 30% of the total trip price.
- Cancellations made between 15-29 days ahead of departure will be subject to a loss of 60% of the total trip price.
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations made 14 days ahead of departure
2.7 Medical information
- Pregnant women are advised to consult their doctors before taking up a trip. Please take expert’s advice before applying. If there are any precautions to be taken during the trip, please inform the Tour Operator at the time of booking.
- Make sure to take or carry any necessary medications before or during the trip, as advised by your doctor.
- Any potential allergies of food or plants and dietary restrictions among others should be mentioned. In case of misinformation or lack of information the Tour Operator will not liable.
2.8 Other requirements
- If you have any special requirements please share it with the Tour Operator at the time of booking so responsible efforts can be carried out in order to accommodate your special requirements and requests as long as the locations and resources allow.
2.9 Age requirements
- Anyone under the age of 18 will be considered a minor and should always be accompanied by an adult. One adult may accompany up to two minors. The minimum age for traveling for minors is 12 years.
- Booking of minors is subject to review on the part of the Tour Operator. If consent on part of a parent or a guardian is required, then it should be provided as per the rules and regulations. The adult associated with the minor is fully responsible for the behavior, well being and supervision of the activities of the minor. The tour operator does not provide care services for minors.
2.10 Insurance requirements
- Clients must possess travel insurance with medical, evacuation and repatriation coverage of about 200,000 US dollars. The insurance must cover injury and emergency medical needs and rescue operations for trek that goes above 4000m. The Tour Operator will verify if you have the sufficient insurance in place. Clients are also strongly recommended to extend the coverage to include curtailment, cancellation, delay, inconvenience, injury and delay while traveling.
- Insurance coverage is not included in the cost of any adventure activity and must be obtained separately.
2.11 Change of price & taxes
- The published price of the Tour and services offered by the Tour Operator is subject to change anytime within 30 days before departure. The Tour operator reserves the right to impose extra service charges from the one mentioned in the booking details. If the increase in price is greater than 10% of the original price you can: 1. Choose to cancel the applicable booking without any penalty. 2. Accept the change of price.
- Possible reduced pricing can be available on certain products or bookings. Bookings, where payment of deposit has already been obtained, is not entitled to reduced pricing.
- Tour prices do not include the international and other airfares unless explicitly mentioned in the descriptions of the concerned tour. The Tour Operators acts only as a sales agent in the air carrier.
2.13 Trip participations and client responsibility
- You agree on to accept the decisions made by the Tour Operator and you agree that all decisions made are on the part of your health, level of fitness and conduct. Tour operator will bear no costs incurred as a result of the exclusion and no refund shall be provided for unused services. Please make sure to carry all appropriate documents along with you when taking part on the tour. It is mandatory that you carry a valid passport, all travel documents required by the relevant governmental authorities, visas, permits, certificates and insurance policies. You have the full responsibility of obtaining these documents and cost incurred as a result of the loss of these documents.
2.14 Our Responsibility
- The booking of the trip is accepted on the understanding that you accept the possible risks associated with the adventure activity and accept the adventure activity on your own volition.
- We assure that the travel arrangements we have agreed to make will be applicable as part of the plan of your trip. We will not be responsible for injuries, death, and illness as well as loss of possessions, damage, expense, cost or other sum resulting from the act(s) and omission(s) from you or a member of your party. We are also not responsible for third party suppliers and their activities.
- We will not be responsible for any activity or service that has not been a planned part of the trip.
2.15 Website accuracy
- The information we present to our clients is deemed to be correct to the best of our knowledge. Adequate checks are carried out during the time of publishing the documents. However, we apologize for the errors that might still be crept in the content of your website. Check all details of your chosen trip before ensuing on the adventure.